Sunday, January 22, 2023

Cheers to Challenges

Hello All! I have a fun card today that I created from two challenges. SU Only Challenge #318 asked the maker to create a card that is predominantly black and white. Freshly Made Sketches #569 has a versatile sketch by Jacquie that worked great. 


Every time I use the Rays of Light stamp, I remember how fun it is and wonder why I don't use it more. I thought it would be great for a black and white card. I highly recommend using the Stamparatus for this large stamp to ensure good coverage. 

I used black ink on white cardstock. After stamping I cut the cardstock to 5 1/8" by 3 7/8". I layered this onto a 5 1/4" by 4" piece of black cardstock. This card front was attached to a Sahara Sand card base.

I got a little help from the cut outs of the He's All That Specialty DSP. I attached the "Cheers" circle with dimensionals. The used a blending brush with Crushed Curry int to color the torn  strip from the DSP. I cut it down so it wasn't so wide. I attached that to a 1/4 inch strip of black cardstock and glued that to the bottom part of the card. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these fun challenges.

Happy Stamping!



7 comments:

  1. Fabulous masculine design! I love the rays of light and torn strip of yellow. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your use of the Ray of Light! It's so fun with the "cheers" from the patterned paper. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your black and white creation!!! Great card all around!! Thanks for sharing at SUOC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great masculine card! This image is just perfect for a fun man birthday card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great masculine card and love your subtle color. Thank you so much for joining us at SUOChallenges.com and hope that you join us again tomorrow for our Galentine's Day challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of this card. The Rays of Light stamp is gorgeous. Makes me think I need one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Suzanne! I've had Rays of Light on an order several times but somehow it keeps getting pushed off, I think your card is convincing me that I really do need to get it next time :) Smart use of the He's the Man die cut elements. Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete