Monday, January 16, 2023

Is it June?

 Hi Friends. I have a Father's Day card for you in January. The Sketch and color combo I worked with this morning said "masculine" to me so I decided to get a head start on Father's Day. CAS Colours & Sketches Colour Challenge #501 required Cherry Cobbler, Granny Apple Green and Blackberry Bliss. After looking through my papers, I brought in As You See it Challenge #290. This challenge is titled Border Beauty, and they provided a sketch.

I started my card by cutting a 1" by 5 1/8" strip of the Cherry Cobbler Day at the Farm DSP and a 1/2" by 5 1/8" piece of Granny Apple Green Dandy Designs DSP. I glued these to the left side of a 3 7/8" by 5 1/8" piece of white cardstock.

Next, I attached the white card front to a 4 1/16" by 5 5/16" piece of Granny Apple Green cardstock. This was glued to a Blackberry Bliss card base.

I stamped the sentiment from He's All That stamp set using Blackberry Bliss ink onto white cardstock. I used the label die from All That dies to cut this out. I also cut out the banners from Cherry Cobbler cardstock.

A attached the banners to the back of the white label and attached it to the card front with dimensionals. 

I dug deep into my stash of embellishments and found Blackberry Bliss Candy Dots and added those to the label.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these fun challenges.

Happy Stamping! 







8 comments:

  1. This is great!! Love seeing masculine cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great masculine card! The mix of patterns and colors is so fun. Thanks so much for joining in the party at CC&S this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Father's Day card! I love the patterned stripes on the side, they add so much interest to the card. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely combination of challenges! The masculine vibe comes through loud and clear with your choice of papers and I like that the Granny Apple Green adds zing. Great take on our sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great masculine card: all business with the Cherry Cobbler plaid and a hint of fun with the Granny Apple Green! I like the sentiment label you chose! Thanks for using our sketch at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great card, Suzanne - I love the way you've used the papers to reflect the sketch. It makes a fab Father's Day card. Thanks for joining us at As You See It
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful color combo, and you managed it perfectly - what a great layout for this handsome Father's Day card! LOVE those patterns together! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fantastic masculine card! Cherry cobbler and granny apple green pair very well together! Thanks for playing along with As You See It!

    ReplyDelete