Monday, January 30, 2023

Lucky Clover

Happy Monday! 

Over at Creative Colour Challenge #74, Vickie dropped a great color combination this morning. The green and coral immediately sent me to St. Patrick's Day. When I start a color challenge I usually look for patterned paper that matches the colors. Often times that will lead me to the stamp set I want to use. Today, the fun patterns of the Butterfly Kisses DSP led me to this week's sketch at Just Add Ink #637.

I started by cutting a 3 3/4" by 5" piece of the Calypso Coral Butterfly Kisses DSP. I cut this from corner to corner, long ways in both directions to create 4 triangles. I cut a piece of Starry Sky with the same measurements- do not cut. I then glued the Calypso Coral triangles to the top and bottom. Be careful cutting and gluing if your paper is directional.

I layered this card front to a piece of 3 7/8" by 5 1/8" of Shaded Spruce cardstock. After wrapping and tying Starry Sky In-Color Baker's Twine, I glued this to a Thick Basic White card base.

Using the Layering Circle dies, I cut a white circle and a coordinating Calypso Coral scalloped circle. I used a blending brush and added just a touch of Starry Sky ink to the circle. I glued the circles together and attached them to the card front.

With the Lucky Clover stamp set, I stamped the clover with Shaded Spruce ink and the sentiment with Calypso Coral ink. I used the punch to cut out the shamrock and attached both with dimensionals.

I added some Elegant Faceted Gems to finish my card.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can also See me on Facebook  and  Check me out on Instagram

Be sure to check out the other entries in these great challenges.

Happy Stamping!



1 comment:

  1. Lovely card and great challenge combination! That dsp is so pretty! Thanks for joining in at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete