Saturday, January 21, 2023

Sweet Songbirds for PP624

Okay!  Confession time, I was sitting down to blog about my card and only just now realized that this week's card is supposed to be CAS. CAS usually means Clean and Simple right? Well, just for today let's go with Cute and Sweet. 


The Paper Players have a new challenge that begins today. Jaydee is bringing us   Clean-and-Simple Challenge PP624 with a Happy 'bird" day theme. 


I started my Cute and Sweet card (CAS) by cutting a 4 1/4" by 11" piece of Fresh Freesia cardstock. I scored the card at 5 1/2" and 2 1/2". Fold the card in half at 5 1/2 " and then fold up the 2 1/2" section. 

I cut a 4" by 5 1/4" piece of the Fresh Freesia Dandy Designs DSP and attached it to the inside of the card. I cut a coordinating 4" by 2 1/4"piece of DSP and glued it to the flipped up section of the card base. I cut on more coordinating 4" by 2 3/4" piece of DSP and attached that to the top section, behind the flipped up piece.

I tied Fresh Freesia Ribbon around the flipped up section of the card.

I cut a Petal Pink rectangle using the Scalloped Contour dies and glued it to the flipped up section only, while centering the rectangle on the entire card front.

I cut a rectangle to fit the inside if the Fresh Freesia rectangle. Using the Sweet Songbird stamp set I stamped the branch in Soft Suede ink and some leaves using Granny Apple Green. I added Fresh Freesia Loose Flower Flourishes and stamped the sentiment with black ink.

The bird and small wing were stamped with Fresh Freesia ink and punched out with the coordinating punch. The feet were stamped with black ink and fussy-cut then glued to the bird. The beak was punched out of Mango Melody cardstock. The eyes were stamped with black ink. I attached the bird with dimensionals.

The inside of the card was stamped with Fresh Freesia, Granny Apple Green and black ink.


I hope you join us at The Paper Players this week. We would love to see what you created for this Clean and Simple Challenge. You can enter your project from now until noon PST on Friday January 27, 2023. 

6 comments:

  1. Clean and sweet works for me! It's an adorable card, Suzy. Fresh Freesia is like a breath of Spring. The flowers are the perfect little accents. What a delight! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely CUTE and SWEET for sure! And truthfully, when I first looked at it, I didn't even notice it wasn't CAS because I just loved the colors and the patterns and the layout and everything! STILL an amazing, fun card and whoever receives it will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay so I'm copying that CAS translation for the next time I miss that it's CAS week - we all do it lol! This card is cute and sweet for sure Suzy - I love it! The colours, the teeny flower embellishments and the fun fold all showcase your birdie beautifully - your card feels like a breath of spring too, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fabulous Spring colors, Suzy and your birdie sure looks happy and makes me smile
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card. All that purple makes me smile! I have missed the CAS part many times, and I struggle with them anyway. LOL This little birdie steals the show. SO darn cute. Have a great weekend, My Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all have missed that CAS component a time or two. Your card is super cute and I love the color combo you used. That little birdie just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete